The Kronendal Aftercare & Holiday Club is run by Joanne Frost and provides an all inclusive, safe, and caring environment for your children. In addition there are 5 assistant teachers on duty every day. The children receive a healthy, nutritious lunch and snack every day. We offer extensive Homework tuition which is supervised by Kronendal Teacher Assistants.
Playtime is packed with fun things to do and children are cared for at all times in a controlled, structured and loving environment. Friday’s are our fun days. Children can watch a DVD and are served a treat after lunch such as peaches and jelly.
Important to note: All staff update their First Aid qualifications annually and certificates are on display.
We offer a Holiday Club throughout the school holidays. Details to be advised prior to each holiday. Additional fees are charged for this service.
- Monday – Friday 12h30 to 18h00
- Collection is strictly no later than 18h00. If a parent is running late they need to call Aftercare and let them know. Aftercare teachers will wait with the child but there is a fine of R20 for every 5 minutes you are late.
Option 1: Regular students
Note: The full time option can only be signed up for at the beginning of the school year, or at the beginning of a new term.
Changing options mid-term is not allowed.
The option to pay annually only applies to sign up in January
Should you join aftercare during the year, quarterly rates will apply.
RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Option 2: Ad-Hoc students
- 0 – 1 hour R50 (No lunch included). e. 12h30 – 13h30 = R50.00
- 0 – 1 ¼ hrs R70 (lunch included) i.e. 12h30 – 13h45 = R70.00
- 0 – 2 hours R100 (lunch included) i.e. 12h30 – 14h30 = R100.00
- 0 – 3 or more hours R50.00 per hour or part thereof (lunch and snack included) i.e. 12h30 – 16h00 or to 18h00 = R200.00
- 13h15 – Grade 1 & 2 children arrive and register taken. Children who have sports to attend, get dressed and are accompanied to their respective activity. Children who stay behind will eat a nutritious lunch and do homework with Educator/s on duty.
- 14h15 - Grade 3 children arrive, eat lunch or change for sports. Children then return from their respective extra-murals and eat lunch. Homework studies continue with the children after their sports.
- 14h30 – Grade 4 to 7 children arrive, eat lunch, do homework and/or attend sports.
- 15h30 - Snack is provided.
- 16h30 - FREE TIME to play outside and wait to be collected. Always supervised.
Please make payment to the following account (placing your child’s full name as reference eg Smith Aftercare)
Please do not pay Aftercare and School Fees together.
Bank: First National Bank
Name: Kronendal Primary School
A/c: 5345 288 4035
Branch: Hout Bay
Kronendal Aftercare encourages the children to live a healthy lifestyle at school and at home and to always take the environment into consideration. Mid-afternoon snacks will differ from homemade muffins and crudités to sandwiches. Joanne shops at Epping Market every week for the freshest fruit and vegetables coming straight from local farms. Where possible Aftercare uses school grown vegetables and promotes recycling and water-saving.
Meals may include:
- Potato wedges
- Bran and raisin muffins
- Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Muesli and yoghurt
- Fish fingers & mash
- Home made soup
- Filtered chilled water is served freely throughout the day.
Kronendal Aftercare takes a hard line when it comes to respect, manners and bullying. “I believe in removing the child from the difficult situation and quietly talking to them on their own about the particular issue at hand,” says Joanne. “I believe the situation should be broken down for them so they can understand what their behaviour did to hurt or anger the other child. I do not believe in taking sides. After all, there are always two sides to every story.”
- Parents will have to tell Aftercare when their child has a play date or will not be coming to Aftercare that day for whatever reason they adjust the register accordingly.
- A strict register is kept with children coming or going being signed in and out and their times.
- The top gate is never to be left open – not even for 2 minutes. Parents must please make sure the gate is securely shut behind them.
- Children’s clothes and school bags to be clearly marked. Children will be encouraged to keep their things together and be responsible for their belongings.
- No electronic devises will be allowed – except at Holiday Clubs when children can bring their favourite toys.
- Parents must please let Aftercare know what extra mural activities their child will be attending. The children will be escorted to the various activities.
- Medication – children will not be given medication without the parent’s written consent.
To download the Aftercare contract, please click here – Kronendal Aftercare Contract
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you need any information or would like to discuss the different options, please contact Joanne Frost.
Cell: 082 492 1044
Tel: 021 790 2060